The 31-year-old McGregor has not been on the battlefield since losing to Khabib Nurmagomedov last October. This match ended with a scandalous rumor.
Conor McGregor said at a news conference today that he was "in top form" again and ready to take the plunge. "I have agreed that date (January 18, 2020). I don't care who will meet me," the Irishman confirmed.
"It took 66 days for the habit to develop. Now I go to bed early and wake up early. From now on, I focus on fighting and no longer need alcohol," McGregor said.
He said he was ready to meet Nurmagomedov, who will face Tony Ferguson earlier this year after winning the January match.
Conor McGregor has received 21 wins and 4 losses as a pro.